Main functions are:
- Support the processes of selection and development of local and international grape varieties with significant potential for wine production.
- Support programs on cultivation of vineyards and improvement of grape quality.
- Support programs against grapevine diseases.
- Support the development of relations between the grape producers and the winemakers.
- Initiate and participate in legislative reforms of viticulture and winemaking to ensure comprehensive legal framework and compliance with international standards.
- Devise and implement development programs in viticulture and wine-making.
- Support the technological advancement of vine and wine producers.
- Support the local winemaking companies to enhance competitiveness in the international markets through communicating to the best global practice.
- Establish relations with the business circles and research organizations of the main wine markets.
- Support professional development of the management and personnel of local winemaking companies and contribute to productivity improvement.
- Establish relations with the national and international organizations in viticulture and wine-making and implement joint programs.
- Support the implementation of functions defined through Armenia’s membership to International Organization of Vine and Wine (OIV).
- Develop, award and control the “Wines of Armenia” brand, support its promotion in international markets.
- Support participations in viticulture and winemaking trade shows and B2B events, conferences, festivals, and other similar activities.
- Organize/support the participation of local producers to festivals, expos, conferences, degustation events.
- Implement promotion on Armenian wines.
- Support the development of wine tourism in Armenia
- Promote wine consumption culture in Armenia through raising awareness on Armenian wines and intensifying demand on local quality wines